Personalised printing gives you the chance to express yourself freely and as authentically as possible. That’s why many people are addicted to it. Instead of going for generic and mass-produced clothes, you can flaunt your sense of style, always be yourself and create your own fashion.
If you are an avid fan of screen-printed T-shirts, then it is best if you know how to care for them so that theylast you a long time. Don’t know how? Don’t worry! We’ve got your back. Down below, we have listed the dos and don’ts for screen-printed T-shirts. Check it out so that you can be sure that you can always wear your fave T-shirts anytime, anywhere.
- Do Iron. As with any clothes, ironing is a must. This way, you won’t look awkward and clumsy when you go out of your house. Additionally, ironing can keep your T-shirt clean because the hot steam can help keep bacteria at bay. Contrary to popular belief, your screen-printed T-shirt can be ironed. However, you must do one thing before doing so. You must turn the shirt inside out. This is non-negotiable. If you do this, you can keep your beloved item safe. If you forget this step, the heat coming from the iron may damage the imprint on screen-printed T-shirts. As an additional precaution, it is advisable that you iron the clothes between two pieces of cloth.
- Do wash it regularly. Of course, to maintain the cleanliness of your T-shirt, you have to wash it regularly. If you do this, you lessen the chance that you get sick or catch a disease.
- Do handwashing. Nothing beats manually washing your screen-printed T-shirts to keep them in mint condition. Handwashing allows you to target only specific areas that are soiled. Hence, you are avoiding making your clothes threadbare.
- Don’t bleach. You must avoid bleaching at all cost. Doing so may shorten the lifespan of your screen-printed T-shirt. It’s because these types of items do not react well to the harsh chemicals found in bleach. If you don’t follow this advice, your clothes may become discoloured or may have premature fading. Bleach has the power to alter or distort the colour of your T-shirt. Hence, it is very harmful to use bleach, especially when you have dyed T-shirts.
- Don’t use fabric softener. Fabric softeners are used to make your clothes more fragrant. But, if you are washing your screen-printed T-shirts, it’s better to skip this step. It’s because fabric softeners have long been known to have a negative impact on screen printed materials. They can cause premature fading, like bleach.
These are the dos and don’ts when you have screen-printed T-shirts at home. Remember these tips so that you’ll be able to enjoy your printed tees more often. If you have any questions, you can approach a Manchester T-shirt printing shop to get a few more pieces of advice to better care for these types of T-shirt.